Sat, 16 Dec|
Free - Traditional Carol Singing in Stationers Park
Join us at one of Crouch End/Hornsey's best- loved festive traditions.
Time & Location
16 Dec, 17:30 – 18:30
Stationers Park, Mayfield Rd, London N8 9LP, UK
About the event
Traditional Christmas Carol sing-along in Stationer's Park, N8.
One of Crouch End/Hornsey's best- loved festive traditions. Saturday, December 16th at 5.30-6.30pm.
- Free entry (no ticket needed)
- Bring cash for mulled wine stall
- Bring a head torch/phone/fairy lights - it gets very dark!
- Stationers Park cafe will also be open selling refreshments
Songsheets are available here
Join friends, family and neighbours in traditional seasonal song at our annual outdoor singalong.
What started as a random gathering of parents and toddlers in the dark 18 years ago has become a well-loved local tradition, now with the addition of some lighting and the park's resident cafe selling festive refreshments to warm your vocal cords.
Led by vocal coach Heather Maîr Thomas and her "pop-up" Christmas choir, we sing an hour of all the traditional carols in various harmonies and languages.
The event has evolved its own traditions over the years. For example...
- Away in a Manger: We encourage the children to come forward and sing "Away in a Manger" by themselves
- Silent night: To be sung in any language you know. (Previous languages heard have included Klingon and Cornish)
- While Shepherds Watched Sung to the tune "Lyngham" traditionally sung in Cornwall, because our musical director is homesick.
The Christmas choir consists of volunteer singers in festive hats, assembled from various singing and friendship groups. We lead from the front to encourage everyone to sing with gusto, providing descants and harmonies.
We try to rehearse in advance.
If you are interested in joining the Pop-Up choir and have a festive hat, please contact email@example.com
Donations to the Friends of Stationers Park welcome at the event